27 September 2005

September 26th, 2005

I illustrated today at work. Drew by hand with further additions in Illustrator and Photoshop. For nearly seven hours. Cartoons. CARTOONS!!

Our office had a single pencil in its possession. And no pencil sharpner. I used an exacto knife, risking serious injury. And a red ink pen instead of a black one. I barely remembered the necessity of nourishment, while everyone else spent at least an hour on choosing a takeout location, deciding on and consuming the edible time-killers and work-avoiders. Whether this invitation-in-progress ends up being used is irrelevant.

Cue a daunting reminder of how much happier I'd be if I were to do this all the time.

Of course, I don't think that the world is ready for a Nina frolicking with bunnies in the fields of daisies and would much rather deal with the expected, if not mandatory "piss off, motherfucker" demeanor. So perhaps a limit of half a dozen colors, a single font, and software that leads much to be desired, shouldn't be too unwelcome after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say I enjoy your work immensely, I'm also surprised at your collection of old metal band photos, especially Devon Townsend before his "skullet". Really love the art work as well, your creativity is truly unique. Keep up the good work, and don't stop listening to metal!!

ninaKay said...

Thank you. :)

Maybe it's time to get another guestbook, like in the good ol' days of beginner web design....

Anonymous said...

Yeah so you can get comments from bands - bandwhore.